OSH / Unit Standard - Full Course
Our standard “full” course covers:
- Worksafe NZ requirement for safe operation of a forklift.
- Unit Standard 10851 - Operate a powered industrial lift truck fitted with forks - (forklift).
- Unit Standard 18496 - Demonstrate knowledge and skills for driving a forklift on a road for Drivers Licence Endorsement “F” (forklifts).
- (Optional extra - Unit Standard 10852 - Operate a powered industrial lift truck fitted with attachments -
- Appropriate attachments (minimum 2) need to be supplied by client, and
- Additional fee applies)
The full course takes one day with approximately 4-5 hours being devoted to theory followed by practical training and assessment.
All trainees receive and work from our "Forklift Operator Training Handbook" - a comprehensive training resource complete with illustrations.
Course numbers are normally restricted to 10 trainees.
- Our one-day course is designed for trainees who have had some prior experience in operating forklifts. If a trainee is an absolute novice and has never operated a forklift then a longer course would likely be necessary. (Additional training may incur additional costs).
- The entry criteria for Unit Standard 18496 (“F” endorsement) requires that trainees must hold a minimum of a current full NZ Class 1 (car) driver licence.